Friday 22 October 2010

Evaluation on my Magazine Task

I have recenelty finished my magazine task here and I have now come to evaluating my work.

Evaluation

Once I started my magazine my main ambition was to make sure I make a stylish looking magazine that looks professionally well done and attracts attention, this would be the media language I would use. My first task was create the layout and although it was simple it was very well spaced out and once I inserted a background, pictures and text it would look like the colours off these items would not effect the background. Since the magazine was based around Wyke college I stuck with the home colours of la light blue which I used on my logo, as well as various effects which shows that it is aimed for Wyke, as well as taking images and using text that are all relevant to Wyke college.

Since my magazine is made from Wyke Students for Wyke students, there was no need to make up a publishing company which would produce the magazine for the students, although the company behind the publishing was Wyke college I guess we can see the institution of the magazine is Wyke College.

My cover of the magazine is based around Wyke college and includes story’s from around wyke college, so people can say that Wyke students, teachers and parents/guardians would be interested in reading about the magazine, this is the ideology of my magazine. My background was a portrait picture of a friend on top of the Oak balcony in the Oak building, holding the student hand book and in the background was the new library and some new features in the Wyke building, this was done to show that the magazine is what it was made for and that is a Wyke college magazine.

As the magazine was made for it is obviously aimed for the students, teachers and parents/guardians of Wyke college as I stated earlier, I think this works rather well because it does as it was made for and has a lot of stories that have been going on around wyke college. I believe my target audience worked rather well in this task.

Representation is a very important thing I have been taught about since I have taken media here at Wyke, because it can offer good and bad points of my magazine and it would judge how good it is or not. I believe the magazine has the representation of a true college magazine because it includes everything a college magazine should, such as information of the new buildings or teachers, how the local sports teams are doing and special offers to inform the students and as well as many other things, I believe this is a good representation of my college magazine.

I feel like I did rather well in this task but I did not use my time correctly because I almost had a week left with no work done, but since I changed my act and got to work harder thanks to my teacher I managed to get on track to finishing it. I think the good points about this task that once I got myself together I worked hard to get this work done, but I also feel like this task did not go very well because I did not know what I was doing at first, as well as my college magazine looks pretty rough in ways (Rough images, simple and boring text, word art use etc). Keeping these problems in mind it will help me work better in my future tasks so I take this as a learning point in my work here at Wyke that I should work harder and use my time more wisely in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment