Monday 29 November 2010

Magazine name and logo design

Over the weekend I have been working on the name and logo of my magazine, I have been unable to submit my work on the date I completed it over the weekend due to connection problems.

Name of the Magazine

I first decided to come up with names for my magazine, below is a a scan of some names I wrote down on a A4 piece of paper, I apologise for the scan quality. When I was coming up with names at first wanted to merge "Rock words" with Animals, such as Heavy Horse, Metal Snake, Rock dog etc. Not only did these sound silly but I went off the idea. I eventually started to think of names that have an english theme such as UK Rockz and Yorkshire Hammer. These did not really work for me, as well as I wanted my magazine not to look like and England exclusive magazine. I friend gave me an idea for a name called "Flat Line" and I liked the idea, it sounded like something you would expect from a Rock/Metal magazine and with the right logo it would look great so I came up with the idea.





Logo Design

With my magazine name ready I could now focus on making a logo. I first looked on "Macromedia Fireworks" for some font styless and below are some example fonts I liked.

After looking at these fonts I decided to use the 1st, 3rd and 5th one for a logo. But only one would be used so I started to sketch some ideas down for my magazines logo. Below is what I came up with, I am apologise for the scan quality.

Once I completed these logo designs I knew I would only need to use one, out of all 3 sketches I made i decided to sue the 3rd logo. This had the 5th font and was my favourite ebcause I had a crumble effect and a heart beat monitor in front of ti which relates to "Flat Line", I also thought I could add some effects eventually when I make the finak version.

I have now fully completed my logo and the results are below.



I believe this looks like what I planned and worked very well since I added effects, the quality of the JPEG file does really mess up the look buyt I do believe that it looks very well.

3 comments:

  1. Useful information, Perfect logos intend is the most creative of all graphic design processes. Thanks
    sanj

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a useful sharing, A good logo design gives the feel of the product to the customers. In other words, it acts as a means of communication between company and their prospective customers. Thanks Corporate Logo Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. By taking a gander at your logo, your market ought to have the option to comprehend your plan of action. logo design service

    ReplyDelete