Friday 26 November 2010

Price and Release of my Magazine

For my Rock/Metal magazine I must now come up with a price for the magazine. After identifying the other magazines I have used in my market research I have found that most of these magazines estimate upto £3-£5 and possibly higher.

My magazine will feature around 80-90 pages of content and more pages for future issues, so by the number of pages and my content I have decided to my magazine price will be...

£3.99

I find this is a reasonabler price to ask for the customers especially with the content I am going to introduce, the magazine should sell at this fair price.

Most of the magazines I have researched appear to be released one every month, I find this is a good way to publish the magazine because there can be more content every month. So I will release my magazine Monthly.

My target audience for this magazine is Rock/Metal fans and the age group will be 16-21. The reason for this is because since my magazine is going to me aimed for this age group it will be  mostly students who purchase this. The magazine is a monthly thing and although £3.99 may seem expensive for a magazine but its a monthly thing that will include a lot of content of the target audience so it will be worth while.

1 comment:

  1. Sam,

    I'm impressed with the progress that you have made with your coursework since we last discussed it - I've entered a commendation on the system to let your tutor know how hard you've been working.

    Just check that:
    - You've used as much informatiion from the audience ppt that I emailed to everyone as you can, to profile your target audience.

    Good luck with the rest of the coursework,

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete